Friday, November 9, 2007

Some People Do Get It!

Today I had the pleasure of attending the Dance-A-Thon in our K-1 building. The PTO did an incredible job organizing the event and it raised over $14,000. Using my digital camera, I took pictures of each group (five total) during the dance-a-thon. I quickly returned to my office and downloaded the pictures and used animoto and freeplaymusic to create videos of the event. I then emailed each teacher a link to their class's video and included the building principal Mrs. Ketterman. Mrs. Ketterman quickly emailed the link to her parent email list. With in the hour, she received many numerous comments about the video.


Tawn, I am thoroughly impressed that we are now technologically savvy enough to be able to put something like this out to parents with this kind of turnaround! I was there this afternoon, and the event was great. I also think that your communications with parents via email are a fantastic idea, and I am so glad that you are taking the time out of your schedule to do them.
LOVE the video!Dancin' with the kids was a BLAST!:)Look forward to doing this
again!
Very fun. This was a great way to share with our out-of-town family members. :)

While it didn't take long at all to throw the videos together, it was the fact that the building principal realized how easily she could share with the students' parents. My favorite comment was about being able to share the event with out-of-town family members who probably helped sponsor the students.



No comments: